Journal of the Department of Library & Information Science, Gauhati University
|ISSN Print : 2249-0124
The Journal of the Department of Library & Information Science (JDLIS) is a bi-yearly peer reviewed journal devoted to the advancement
of Library & Information Science (LIS). The journal publishes original research works on fundamental and contemporary issues in LIS.
The broad areas that JDLIS prioritize are:
- Fundamental issues in LIS including classification, cataloguing and indexing
- Information Systems
- Information Products and Services
- Information Technology slant to application in LIS
- Operations Research in LIS
- Community Information System and Services
- Bibliometrics, Scientometrics, Webometrics
- Web technologies, Social media and its implications in LIS
- Management issues in LIS
- LIS education and training, and other related issues
|Notes to Contributors
- Each contribution should carry an informative title followed by name (in full), designation, and affiliation of the contributor(s). The contributions must carry contact address, phone number and e-mail address.
- An informative abstract of about 150- 200 words giving the major findings of the work should follow the title, and keywords separated by comma not more than 6 should follow the abstract.
- Acronyms and abbreviations should be spelt out in full when used first in the running text. The in--text citations and references should be rendered in latest version of the APA style of citation.
- Copyright transfer in prescribed format must be submitted if and when a paper is accepted by the editorial board for publishing.
- Manuscript should be composed in MSWord format with 1.5 spacing and 1” margin in all sides and saved in compatible mode. Photographs if any should be of reasonably high resolutions. Before submitting the manuscript, the author(s) must ensure to put xx marks in the author: property of the file(s).
- Manuscript should be splitted into separate files named suitably to represent the meaning that it the first/second/third part of the submission. The contents of the files should be as follows:
- File 1 : The contents as reading in serial a) above
- File 2: The paper in full beginning with abstract to the references
- File 3: All tables, figures, charts, etc.
- Manuscript should be submitted to the mail id : email@example.com
- Authors shall be intimated once a paper is accepted for publication.
- The editorial office reserves the right to summarily reject a paper without assigning any reason thereof.
Department of Library & Information Science, Gauhati University
Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar, Guwahati 781014, Dist Kamrup (M), Assam India
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org